Inbound Fixed Voice
Urbancoms offers a wide range of inbound numbers to allow you to compete in the inbound marketplace.
- Freephone numbers - customer can call without charge, as the receiving party pays for the cost of the call
- 03 numbers - an alternative to 08 numbers to improve the trust and confidence in UK phone numbers
- Local Presence – for those businesses that wish to portray a local presence, or are based in an area where callers prefer to use local dialling codes
- 08 numbers – a range of 08 numbers including 0845, 0844, 0870 and 0871
With freephone numbers the receiving party pays for the cost of the call, so their customers can call without charge. Research shows that using freephone numbers (0800 and 0808) significatly increases the likely numbers of customers calling. You customers can also benefit from International Freephone numbers, meaning their customers can call for free from all over the world.
- Increase the number of telephone enquiries you receive
- They are the most popular type of customer-friendly contact numbers
- They enable customers to call for free, from all UK landlines and mobiles (from May 2012)
- Low operating costs, customers just pay for calls from 1p/minute
03 numbers have been introduced as an alternative to 08 numbers to improve the trust and confidence in UK phone numbers. Calls to 03 numbers cost no more than calls to national geographic numbers (starting 01 or 02).
Who can use 03 numbers?
- Numbers starting 030 are designed for use only by public bodies and not for profit services
- Numbers starting 033 can be used by any organisation
- Numbers starting 034 and 037 are available to anyone currently using 084 or 087 numbers
03 are the most flexible NGN (Non Geographic Numbers) available. Having a number charged at local rate means that businesses can have local presence, giving customers the impression they are on their doorstep.
The great advantage of 03 local rate numbers is that they give companies national presence as well as giving small businesses the image of being much larger than they are. With an 03 Local Rate number a small business, working from home, can use an 03 number to protect its home number.
03 numbers can be diverted to a UK landline or mobile. This number can then be changed at any time by just sending an email. It couldn’t be easier. Having an 03 local rate number means customers have a number for life. If your customer then relocates premises, all they need to do is re-divert their 03 number.
Local Presence Numbers
Typically, companies that wish to portray a local presence, or are based in an area where callers prefer to use local dialling codes have avoided the use of ‘08’ numbers. Bad publicity has also impacted on consumers’ confidence making ‘08’ numbers an even less popular option. Local Presence Numbers from Kcom offers a solution to these problems.
By providing similar features to that of an ‘08’ number but using a local area code, Kcom Local Presence Numbers offer an alternative, low cost option to traditional ‘08’ numbers.
Local Presence numbers look like any other geographical number in that they give the caller the impression that the end destination of the call will be in the geographical location indicated by the first few digits of the number. However, these numbers are built onto an Intelligent Network (IN) platform and can be routed to any destination like any other non-geographic number.
Urbancoms offers a range of 08xx numbers:
Calls to 0845 numbers are usually charged at slightly higher rates than calls to geographic numbers beginning 01 or 02.
We also provide numbers based on the 0844 numbering scheme as a revenue share. These numbers can be charged at any rate between 2 and 5 pence per minute.
Similar to 0845, calls to 0870 numbers cost approximately 8 pence per minute during the daytime.